If you’re a Nigerian, you should know that going for your Masters in the U.S is not easy. Unlike in another country, you are required to sit for GRE exam, although the GRE practice test is always available online to start with the GRE preparation.
What’s more, the GRE test dates are also easy to schedule online and in person.
However, I have written an article on how to register for GRE exams in Nigeria. In case you missed that article, click on the link below to get started.
There’re a lot of USA universities that accept students without GRE scores. They don’t require GRE scores for admissions.
Usually, all the top universities require a GRE score (with many exceptions) for Masters and PhD admissions, while the too low ranked universities in the United States usually don’t require TOEFL and GRE scores.
This does not mean the degrees received from these universities are not recognized worldwide. It calls to names, for example, Harvard vs. University of Texas and many more.
In addition, some program in a University may admit you without GRE score where as various other programs in the same university requires GRE score. Keep in mind, that all of the Engineering Major students should take the GRE, if you are intending for MS in US or PhD.
Below is a List of US Universities without GRE score Requirement
- Farleigh Dickinson University(NJ)
- Monmouth University(NJ)
- Montclair State University(NJ)
- The Richard Stockton College of NJ(NJ)
- Rowan University(NJ)
- Wichita State University
- Kansas State University
- Virginia State University
- Rivier University
- San Jose University – Computer Science
- California State University – Channel Islands – Computer Science
- California State University – Northbridge – Computer Science
- Bridge Port University – Computer Science
- Wichita State University – Computer Science
- Boston University CIS (Master of Science in Computer Information Systems)
- Norwich University CIS (Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance)
- University of Cincinnati – Master of Health Informatics
- Florida International University for MS, PhD in Computer Science
- Villanova University for MS in EE
- University of Idaho for MS in Environmental science and Computer Engineering
- West Texas A&M University
- University of Florida for Arts Education
- George Mason University (for Master in Health Information Systems and Civil Engineering)
- University of Oklahoma – Some programmes do not require GRE scores
- Oklahoma State University – Bio systems and Agricultural Engineering
- Washington State University – Few MS programmes
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln – Few engineering programmes
- University of Northern Virginia – Optional GRE for some programmes
- New Mexico State University – Few MS programmes have optional GRE
- University of Dayton – All Engineering programmes MS and MEng
- University of New Mexico – Biomedical science
- Ohio University – MHA – Masters in Health Administration (GRE is waived if GPA is 3.2 or +)
- California State University, Sacramento – Civil Engineering
- Norwich University – Civil Engineering
- Iowa State University – Civil Engineering
- University of Minnesota – Civil Engineering
- University of Washington – Civil Engineering
MS Without GRE
University Admissions without GRE is an excellent thing to find yourself in the top universities like MIT (certain programs). But usually low ranked schools will have No GRE offer.
It is strongly recommended that you take the GRE exam if you’re considering to study in USA. In case, you want to transfer university after studying at other university in USA, your GRE score may help you.