The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) was first established in July 1983. The university was to help working class individuals who would not have time for a full-time degree attain their degree through a distance learning program. The university was closed down in April 1984, but it later reopened in April 2001. The university currently has the highest number of students in any Nigerian university making it the largest university in terms of the student population in Nigeria.
Getting Admission Into the National Open University of Nigeria
Getting admission into the National Open University of Nigeria is simple as A, B, C and also the requirements are easy to attain. Individuals who want to study in the National Open University of Nigeria do not need to bother about taking JAMB examination, which is a requirement for admission into full-time courses in Nigerian tertiary institutions. Their ability to also admit a larger number of students in a year has made it easier to get admission into the university compared with other universities in Nigeria.
Requirements to Get Admission into the National Open University of Nigeria
An individual seeking to study for an undergraduate degree at the National Open University of Nigeria is only required to have 5 credits (1 in English, Mathematics and the other 3 in relevant subjects) in its O’ level exam (WAEC, NECO and its equivalents). You would also be admitted if you already have an OND in related courses. For postgraduate studies, you will need to have completed your first degree or HND on related courses from any recognized universities in Nigeria.
Processing Your Admission
If you are interested in studying in the National Open University of Nigeria and you meet the requirements, you are expected to take the following steps:
- Pay for the application form of the university from any of their accepted banks
- The bank would issue you a National Open University of Nigeria special teller
- Get your pin code for the application which will be loaded with the amount you have paid.
- Visit noun.edu.ng
- Proceed to the link titled “Application for Admission”
- Look for the “Sign Up Here” link and click on it to register
- Once the page opens, enter the pin number for your application form and select your center of study and the program you intend to study. Other information you will also have to enter includes surname, other names, email address, phone number as well as username and password. It is important for you to also fill your email so that you can get messages from the University. You should then click on the click here to sign up button.
- You will now be taken to the page to log in where you are expected to enter your username and password.
- This will lead to the Application Control Center page where you can upload your passport.
- After uploading your passport, you are to proceed to “Fill Application Form Button” on the page.
- You are then to fill the data requested of you and click the next button.
- You would be required to fill your qualification and results.
- Clicks apply after you are through with filling all the information applicable to you.
- Once you meet the qualification, you would be granted instant admission.
- You are then expected to print your admission letter.
That’s all and congratulations, you’re now a student of the National Open University of Nigeria.
Do you have any recommendation or ideas to add to this article, you can leave your comments below? Do not forget to share this story with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.