Neymar’s agent has dismissed speculation linking the Barcelona forward with a move to Manchester United.
It had been reported by the Mirror that United had made ‘discreet approach’ to Barca in regards to the potential strategy to acquire Neymar, but the Brazilian’s agent, Wagner Ribeiro has dismissed the possibilities of his client leaving the Nou Camp.
“There is nothing. He has three years left on his contract,” Ribeiro told GloboEsporte. “The British newspapers are quite speculative. Barcelona have not thought of selling Neymar and he is very happy there.”
Neymar joined Barcelona from Santos in 2013 and has established himself as a key player with the Catalans. However, he will miss Barcelona’s La Liga opener against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday as he recovers from mumps.
“From now on we will have his evolution and how he reacts to the physical demands we put upon him,” said Barcelona manager Luis Enrique. “He is just starting the season and has to go through the normal recovery process.
His evaluation will dictate when he will be ready to play. One, two, three weeks. I don’t know.”