In my previous post, I have written an article about how to get admission into National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). In case, you can’t locate the article, click on the link below to find out how getting admission into NOUN is as simple as A.B.C
Today, I am going to talk about requirements for nursing in National Open University. This is to inform all interested applicants how the sale of forms for admission to the National Open University of Nigeria, (NOUN) program works.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Nursing Admission Application Opened to the general public in 2015 and admission continues every year. For the noun nursing admission requirement, read on to find out more.
In order to ease the problem being encountered by aspirants, the NOUN Admission boards, in conjunction with the designated banks as well as other stakeholders in the admission process, have instructed prospective applicants to visit the NOUN Study Centre nearest to them for information and details of the process of applying for admission.
However, noun nursing programme is an accredited program, so you don’t need to worry about completing your nursing program at the university. Your degree award is safe and secured.
For the purposes of coherence and prominence, we are advising all of the prospective applicants to take the moment to read through the 10 steps provided below to successful admission into the Nation Open University of Nigeria Nursing Programme 2016/2017 Session.
Before we proceed with the steps involved in Noun Nursing Programme. Click here to find out about NOUN STUDY CENTER NATIONWIDE
Processes for Online Application for Admission into NOUN Nursing Programme (2016/2017)
First, you need to visit any of the approved banks listed below:
* Spring Bank,
* Access Bank Plc,
* WEMA Bank,
* First City Monument Bank,
* Afribank Nigeria Plc,
* Skye Bank,
* Sterling Bank,
* Union Bank,
* Zenith Bank,
* Guaranty Trust Bank,
Step # 2. Make your payment for the NOUN Nursing application (please specify that payment is for the NOUN Nursing Programme application when you’re at the bank). This will make it easy to credit your payment to the correct department.
Step 3. After your payment, make sure to receive a NOUN Teller and the Transaction receipt, specially designed for NOUN when it comes to Nursing Programme admission.
Step 4. Make sure the Transaction receipt has two numbers: Transaction Reference Numbers and Pin Numbers. If your receipt is missing the two numbers, go back and rectify that because you’ll need it later in the admission process.
step 5. Be sure you have access to any PC/Laptop/Personal Computer with high speed internet.
Step 6. Login to the official portal of NOUN Nigeria, at nou.edu.ng and click on the Application form for admission
Step 7. Once the page loads up, copy your Reference Number and Pin Numbers (as in the Transaction reference receipt that you just received from the bank), to access your NOUN online application form.
Step 8. Proceed and complete your NOUN Nursing programme application by providing the specified information before clicking the submit button.
Step 9. Once you have fully completed the required information and everything is correct to your best of knowledge, you can click the submit button to submit your Online application for NOUN University. Note, you can save your application and come back to it to finish it later. At times, you might need to correct any errors or any missing information.
Step 10. Now, you’re comfortable with your completed online application, you can go ahead and submit your Form by clicking the submit button.
Once the online application form has been submitted to NOUN Nigeria, give it at least two weeks to hear back from the school and you’ll be advised of the next step for the admission into NOUN nursing programme.
In case you need to know the amount for National Open University of Nigeria Application Form? The NOUN application form costs N5, 000 Naira for undergraduate programs and N10,000.00 for the Postgraduate Programs.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Nursing Admission Requirements
Candidates planning to enter the B.Sc Public Health Programme must meet the University admission requirements stated below:
DIRECT ENTRY (ADMISSION INTO 200 LEVELS)
Candidates may be admitted into 200 Level of the programme if they hold the following qualifications:
- At least five (5) credit level passes at not more than two (2) sittings at the Senior High School Graduation Certificate (SSCE/NECO/GCE) examinations for the following subjects:
- English Language
- Biology or Health Science,
- Physics or some other science subject.
- One more additional qualification from the health discipline, such as the Community Health Officer Training Certificate (CHO), NCE (Physical/Health Education, Science Education, Nutrition, Home Economics) Health Superintendent, Registered Nurse (RN), Physiology, and Medical Laboratory Science.
* 1 year post qualification experience is required to be eligible for admission.
*Admission into 100 level programme is not offered at NOUN.
Admission Requirement for BNSc. Nursing Programme at National Open University
Candidates intending to gain admission into the BNSc Degree will need to have the following qualifications described below:
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE, NECO from the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Health Care Worker or Midwifery Certificates/Diploma from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- A valid practice license from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- You should have at least 6 months working experience and letter of attestation from current location of clinical practice for registration.
- HND or an excellent first degree in related field of study. In addition, five (5) credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and two (2) other subjects.
Do you have anything else to add to this article? Leave your comment below.