Are you among the students of PhD programs in Canada for international students?
PhD programs in Canada are a great choice for prospective PhD students worldwide, even the country’s universities have found that students who have completed postgraduate programs from recognized educational institutions should be considered too.
Canada is among the world’s hottest destinations for international students, offering a diverse variety of experiences and opportunities in a country recognized for its vast expanses, multicultural cities and natural beauty.
If you want to study PhD in Canada, you should be grateful that the tuition fees are likely to be less compared to other major Anglophone destinations (America, UK and Australia), although, they remain extremely high when compared with other countries.
The Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) provides a useful online tool that allows prospective international students to quickly calculate the total cost of studying at different universities in Canada, and also providing support with the documents required to apply.
Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls mean that you’ll be earning a higher-quality education that can open doors to your future and benefit your career over a long term.
Obtaining a PhD in Canada universities, other degrees or certificate is globally recognized as being equivalent to those earned from the U.S or Commonwealth countries.
Doctorate Degree in Canada General Application Requirements
To Study in Canada, you need a study permit.
To get a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need to have a letter of acceptance coming from a university– the university you plan to study for your Ph.D.
- You must not have a criminal record or that becomes a risk to the security of Canada.
- You must be healthy and prepared to undergo a medical examination, if applicable.
- You are ready to provide proof you will leave Canada at the conclusion of your authorized stay.
A study permit is not needed if you are planning to take short-term courses or programs of study of six months or less. You can enroll in a short-term program at any learning institution, regardless of whether or not it is designated. BUT
You must submit the following items:
- Application for Study Permit made Outside Of Canada (IMM 1294) for each and every applicant regardless of the age
- Family Information Form (IMM 5645) for every applicant regardless of age
- Two (2) passport photographs
- Processing fee
- Valid passport
- All cancelled or expired passports to prove proof of previous travel
- A photocopy of the Letter of Acceptance from the University where you want to study
- Evidence showing proof of financial support for your duration of studies in Canada
So, what is the cost of Doing A PhD in Canada?
Below, you will find a screen shot of how much it will cost you to complete your PhD in Canada as an international student. Keep in mind this cost is for 2015/2016 Approximate Tuition & Fee Scale.