The last time I wrote an article on how to successfully find scholarships on the internet to pay for university, many of my readers have been asking how to apply for Commonwealth scholarships.
I am going to break it down in this article, depending on what type of commonwealth shared scholarship you are applying for. As you already know, Nigeria is a commonwealth nation and these scholarships are meant for students who intend to study in the UK.
An example of the scholarships are a commonwealth scholarship for master’s study, national scholarship and, of course, the one that is for a scholar. Although, these are scholarships for college students, you have to meet the requirements and able to submit the scholarship applications on time so that you don’t miss the deadlines.
However, it is preferable to use the scholarship finder or search engines like Google or Bing, but I will be providing the links to the different types of commonwealth scholarships and that should give you full details on how you can apply for each one.
Below is a list of available commonwealth scholarships – click on the link that will take you to various pages of the scholarships. From there, you should be able to find the requirements and how to apply for the scholarship you‘re interested in.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for PhD or split-site PhD study at a UK university
If you are a citizen of Singapore, you can apply for:
- Singapore Commonwealth Fellowships in Innovation at a UK organisation
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study at a UK university
- Split-site (PhD) Scholarships for split-site PhD study at a UK university
- Shared Scholarships for Master’s study at selected UK universities
- Distance Learning Scholarships to study UK Master’s degree courses in your home country
- Academic Fellowships for early career academics to spend time at a UK university
- Professional Fellowships for mid-career professionals to spend time at a UK host organisation
- Medical Fellowships for doctors and dentists to spend time at a UK hospital
If you are a citizen of the Falkland Islands, the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you should apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at a UK university
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you can apply for
To find More information about Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in countries apart from great Britain, visit the CSFP website.