If you’re in Nigeria and a student, you should be aware what it takes to sit for JAMB exams. You should know that your JAMB result needs to be at certain score for you to gain admission in Nigerian Universities. Even though you passed the JAMB, the JAMB website cut-off marks and UTME will require a high score in order to gain admission in your school of choice. That’s when you’ll start thinking about schools who do not require you to write JAMB to be admitted as a university student.
Yes, I know anyone who has written JAMB twice or more should know how frustrating this could be, especially when you visit the JAMB website often to check your JAMB result.
JAMB registration is easy to complete online, but keep in mind we’re writing this article to guide you with the questions, what are the list of Nigerian Universities that admit without JAMB.
1. National Open University of Nigeria
This school does not require you to write JAMB (Joint admission and matriculation board) exams or ask for JAMB results to be qualified for admission into the school and they’re currently accepting application from interested students who’re seeking immediate admission.
Below are the list of things you need to know about Noun:
- No JAMB result is required
- To get started, log into the official website of the National Open University of Nigeria and complete the Application Form before you can be admitted.
- The admission process takes approximately 72 hours.
- Noun University is available throughout the country, Nigeria with over 32,000 students
- Open University of Nigeria has programs for undergraduates, Diploma, other well recognized Certifications like CISA, CIA etc., Postgraduate, Masters and Ph.D. Programs.
- National Open University will never go on strike.
- The duration of the most courses is 4 years.
2. IJMB in Unilorin, University of Abuja and ABU Zaria: The program offered in these schools is called INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD. It’s an advanced A Level program offered for 9 months duration, and after completion qualifies you to 200 level in any of the Nigerian Universities through Direct Entry. Keep in mind, this program is a legitimate program and the requirement is also available on JAMB brochure. Also, this program does not need JAMB result or require that you sit for JAMB, instead it requires only your o’level result from either WAEC, NECO, or NABTECH.
3. Diploma School or PRE-DEGREE programs – An example is DELSU, ESUT or UNIPORT: This is a program that’s mainly from Nigerian tertiary institution/universities that do not offer diploma and/or pre-degree program. If you’re planning to become a university student, you should know what a Diploma is in Nigeria. A diploma is a program that runs for 1-2 years, based on the school you choose to attend and the course. After you have completed the program, you’ll be offered admission into 200 level through direct entry. The Pre-degree runs from 7 to 9 months and it also depends on the school that gives you admission into 100 level after completion.
Private Schools/institutions like UNIPORT is the same as the Pre-degree program which runs for several months like 7 months and those who scale through the program are admitted into 100 level in the same university
4. Private Universities: A good example of the private schools is Madonna in Okija or any other locations in Nigeria. The good thing about a few of the private Universities in Nigeria is that you can get admission easily if you have the required WAEC results and can afford the tuition fees.
In other words, a student can walk into the school with the required WAEC results and will be admitted without a JAMB, and even some are admitted without WAEC results but it is only on a special condition. That condition being that before you get to 300 level or final year, the basic admission requirements like JAMB and WAEC/NECO must be ready before your final year clearance or you’ll not graduate.
What Are These Schools Cut-Off Marks?
These schools DO NOT have cut-off marks since JAMB result is not a requirement for admission. Though, you need to be aware that other school general admission cut-off mark is 180 aggregate score in JAMB CBT and a complete SSCE results.
When you have all the above requirements, you can buy the post UTME form, which will allow you to secure admission into other Universities in Nigeria except the ones listed above.
Many might say that these schools are expensive and can’t afford the school fees, but keep in mind that the earlier the better and plan ahead. Wasting your time trying to get the highest JAMB score is not the ultimate – Age waits for nobody. If you’re among the student looking to gain admission into any of the list of universities in Nigeria and/or need to know Universities in Nigeria that admit without JAMB – stop wasting your time and start your application today.
Do you have anything else to add to this article or have any questions, leave your comment below. Share this info with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
Good luck with your search for admission.