I came across this question” what is distance education” in my previous post and this article I will explain what that means.
Distance education is actually teaching outside of the traditional classroom setting or teaching students from a distance.
The modern form of learning online/ distance education specifically refers to taking classes by accessing the internet with your private computers. There are several ways in which this is accomplished.
A professor can transmit information digitally to students who receive the education on their personal computers. You’ll find software programs that are designed to transmit education on the internet to students automatically.
Teachers in classrooms may require students to gain access to a class website for assignments and education materials. There might be classes where students never meet at the same location and all instruction is received through the internet.
Some of the distance education classes are interactive, some are not. When teaching occurs in real time, then that is when students in a distance education class receive information simultaneously when it is being transmitted, that process is referred to as “synchronous”.
When students login into their class websites for instruction at various times, which can be convenient to each student, the process is called “asynchronous”
Why is distance education used in Nigeria instead of the regular traditional classroom?
Not everybody can attend school in person to get an education. Some people have jobs to work during typical classroom hours. Some people live far from campus and don’t have the means or the time to go to classes.
Some students have disabilities that prevent or make attending classes unreasonably difficult. When distance education is used in addition to classroom teaching, it improves the curriculum with the help of current or additional information or making class assignments.
Distance education is used extensively in the places like Lagos State or Abuja where students are scattered over distant geographical areas that will otherwise prevent attending classes.
Education is very essential in life and the Internet has broken many barriers to providing an education to people who’d not otherwise be able to obtain an education in Nigeria.
How Can You Benefit From Distance Education In Nigeria?
- It’s self-paced – Many distance education programs in Nigeria, including At-Home Professional certificate programs, are self-paced. Go quickly through the lessons you find simple and easy, slow down on the more complicated materials.
- Study when you want, in places you want. Your study is on the go at any time. The convenience of distance education is extremely good if you travel a lot for work.
- Receive the promotion – Many employers choose distance education for workers who would like to go back to school to improve their career skills.
- Affordable tuition in Nigeria – Distance education often costs less because there is no campus to maintain, without any fees to pay for the use of campus equipment. Your tuition goes directly to your education.
- Save time and money for your family – Save more since you don’t need to commute to class or take some time away from work or family.
- Career-focused – There are lots of options available for distance education, such as career-specific certificate programs which are faster and much more skill-based than traditional classroom education.
Overall, it’s easy to understand why distance education is getting popular in Nigeria for those who wish to boost their lives through education! At-Home Professions have received the distance education experience to give you the benefits and much more.
I would recommend you check out accredited distance education programs available in your area for more information on how e-learning can help you learn a new career on your terms!