1. Get paid ₦10,000 talking about the great country: Nigeria. Read more about this here

The Reasons Why Some Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by Adam, Dec 26, 2014.

1. TomTom

TomTom
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

You're right about this statement. Women and children who live with violent men live in a constant state of anxiety and fear. A man who is undergoing counselling for his violent behavior needs to recognize that regaining the trust of his family, and the behavior-change process, will take time. He also needs to accept that his partner has a right to end the relationship if she wishes.

Mr. Tiger and Glory like this.
  2. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I have to say that some abusive husbands are chameleons. They say they will change and will not hit again. They play on their wives' guilt (If you loved me, you would….) They are closed-minded and believe their way is the only way. Outwardly, the abuser may seem charming, gregarious and even gentle to family members. But beneath the surface they dislike women and believe that “a woman’s place is in the home and that men have the right to control women.” They often witnessed abuse in their home growing up, and frequently abuse their children as well.

Glory and TomTom like this.
  3. TomTom

TomTom
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

AdamAdam you're absolutely correct on this and none of the ladies deserve this. You need to think about your kids and get out of the abusive relationship, and not soon, NOW! Although, there comes a time when it's too late, then your children are left alone with the man that has eventually taken your life. If you don't do something to stop the abuse, you will put your kids in a situation where they will be the next target. Trust me. No religion shall bind you to a life of torture and misery. God will give you the strength to leave if you allow yourself to be strong.

#23 TomTom, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    Mr. Tiger and Glory like this.
  4. Glory

Glory
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

A man will abuse a woman for many reasons. At the heart of these relationships is the need for power and control. The man may have a sense of inadequacy, job frustrations and sex roles issues. Also, many men who are abusive are very jealous and insecure and have very poor communication skills. A lot of men who are abusive are very polite and passive in public, yet they may behave abusive at home.:)o_O:D:(

Mr. Tiger and Mr.President like this.
  5. Cowgirl

Cowgirl
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

There is no rhyme or reason to what provokes either a man or a women to go off. If there mentally unstable as much as a towel out of place will do it. As far as the control issue there is a slight percentage that do enjoy the control issue. But in the same mode there going to look for any little issue to prove they are in control. It's like a drug to them.

Adam and Mr.President like this.
  6. Mr.President

Mr.President
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Ambassador

A self respecting man demands respect from those he is in charge of. If a man can't control his own wife and kids he isn't much of a man. No women, child or animal is going to get away with disobedience. Once the beating starts and the subject doesn't behave correctly they might get beat to death because he gets even more angry. For example, if a man catches his dog stealing a cookie he might yell at him, the dog should know to drop the cookie and look sorry. If the dog tries to defend himself and snarls instead he must be broken, if he cowers he is a sorry excuse for a dog and should be beaten, so really the dogs fault if he is beaten to death. Same with a wife or child they need to learn to not make him mad. Women can be just as violent to a pet or child but usually not to men because they hit back.

There is no lack of control involved, they don't do this in front of police or to people who can defend themselves. Usually it doesn't happen to people or pets they don't feel they own so they are seen as nice at work and have friends.

Mr. Tiger likes this.
  7. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator

Men who abuse their wives are usually passive and dependent individuals. They find it difficult to express emotions and to deal with anger in nonviolent ways. Often, they did not have a close relationship with their mother. They may never have formed a close, warm, intimate relationship with a woman at all. Men who abuse their spouses often have low self-esteem and their wives do as well. Power and control are also essential features in the dynamics of spouse abuse.

Mr. Tiger likes this.
  8. Mr. Tiger

Mr. Tiger
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Principal

AdamAdam that could be # 1 reason, but some men grew up in violent households, where they watched their mothers abused by their fathers and where they themselves were abused. Some men become violent under the influence of drugs or alcohol, although the substances themselves do not cause the violence.

Adam likes this.
  9. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator

Mr. TigerMr. Tiger you're absolutely right, but mind you that most women suffer these attacks for years before they finally determine to take steps to keep from being victims or further abuse. I would say that the first step for a woman to take is to admit to herself that she is being abused and that she is not being treated fairly. She has the right to feel safe from physical harm, especially in her own home.

10. appremoozae

appremoozae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a man, I would *never* beat or harm my future-wife. She would be my equal, my second half: Thus, inflincting harm upon her would be inflicting harm upon myself, because we both would be one. Moreover, I'm not the type of person who enjoys giving pain to other people (I'm definitely not sadistic).

Most men do not beat their wives. It's only a small portion of men who beat their wives. I'm assuming the reason has to do with being emotionally unstable due to emotional issues they have within themselves. Plus, they don't value their wives as their second half; thus, they don't feel guilty about causing them physical pain. You said to not blame acohol, but in many circumstances of domestic violence, alochol is the cause (if not emotional issues).

11. Seyiblog

Seyiblog
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables: blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, apricots, grapefruit, Bananas

[​IMG]
    Consume extra protein and calcium like : Yogurt, eggs, beans, cheese

[​IMG]
    High in fiber and nutrients: Whole grains

[​IMG]
    Richest sources of plant-based omega-3s: Walnuts read more@7 Pregnancy Diet & Nutrition: What to Eat - SEYIBLOG
    More