1. Get paid ₦10,000 talking about the great country: Nigeria. Read more about this here

The Hidden Mystery Behind Why My Husband Flirting With My Mom

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by Mr. Tiger, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Mr. Tiger

Mr. Tiger
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Principal

My mother, Diane told me she wanted to start dating again and hopefully get married again. She had lost a lot weight and had bought a whole new wardrobe. She ask my husband if she could model her new clothes for him. He agreed! After she had showed him her new clothes she ask my husband what he thought of her chances of finding a man that would marry her. He told her with her great looks, a year from now she would have been on her honeymoon. She should plan now for her wedding dress as he knew she will get a marriage proposal soon. She said is that true or are you just trying to make me feel good? He told her men can not resist a beautiful woman with a great figure and she would soon be married. She gave him a hug and said you are the best son in law ever. Should my husband even be thinking about mom’s figure? For the record she does have a GREAT FIGURE.

Was mom flirting with my husband or was he flirting with her.

What do you think?

:
    Cowgirl, Tony and Adam like this.
  2. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

It is really great that guys are put in this situation and somehow come out being a bad guy. If he said no, he would be a rude person and you would have a completely different post on here. He gave your mom a good review on how she looks at her request. He made her feel good about herself. It would be flirting if he asked her to model bikinis or lingerie, that would be crossing a line. After all, if you asked a friend's husband to give you an honest opinion on how you look in a new dress, would it seem like flirting if he said that you looked beautiful in it?

Cowgirl and Tony like this.
  3. Break

Break
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator

Sounds like your husband was put in a bad situation! At no point, could your husband ever really ever say "no" because that would have come off as rude/unsupportive. Really, your mom crossed a line by even creating this scenario and she should have known better! I think your husband was just trying to be supportive though! I'd say you're in the clear unless you see other signs... like your husband makes eyes at her, touches her, or tries to be alone with her. If nothing else is sending up a red flag, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cowgirl and Tony like this.
  4. Tony

Tony
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

Based on the information you have provided on the description portion of your topic, the answer is NO your husband was not flirting with your mother whatsoever. In fact, flirting is far from what your husband was doing with your mother, he was simply strengthening the old woman's self-esteem. Your mother needed to hear these things, from a man, in order to feel confident about seeming appealing in the eyes of men despite her older age. Your husband is a gentleman, and he is also smart, do not mistake being a gentleman with being a womanizer. Do not stress out about problems that don't exist. After-all, it is important for your husband to establish a good relationship with his mother in law. I think you are overacting and getting jealous at the same time.

Cowgirl likes this.
  5. TomTom

TomTom
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

You know something i think you hubby was just adding a little something to boost your moms self esteem . which isnt really flirting, its something else. Your mom probably likes your hubby and might even fancy him in a inner deep down sort of way. I think you should be glad that you have a nice family and hope that your mom finds a nice man who will treat her nicely, the world is full of guys who will be only to happy to lead her astray if they can, so tell your mom to be very careful

Adam and Cowgirl like this.
  6. Cowgirl

Cowgirl
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

Great comments already and here is my own input:) Your husband was put in a position that should have never happened and if you had any reservations you should have spoken up and ask your mother to get an opinion from someone else! On that note rest assured your husband was lusting her and they should never be left alone for now. Lust is a very powerful spirit and can be very over powering even to the strongest person.

Tony likes this.
  7. Tony

Tony
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

CowgirlCowgirl I like the way you provide advice for matters like this and I would like to add that it does no sound at all as if your husband was flirting with your mom. I think he was trying to give a boost to her obviously deflated ego. She needed encouragement and he gave it to her, in fact I thought what he said was so cute. If you are uncomfortable with your husband giving your mom compliments then maybe you should be open and talk to him about it. Communication is always the key to any doubts.

Break likes this.
  8. Break

Break
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator

I think it was all very innocent and she was asking for verification from the opposite sex. She just lost weight and got new clothes. She wants to feel good about herself and he was being honest and helping her out as a relative. i don't see any flirting here just friendship. flirting would be more personal statements to each other like its so nice to see you again, or if she kissed him too long on the cheek during a greeting or if she pinched his but saying goodbye etc..:oops::rolleyes::eek:o_O

9. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Administrator

Mr. TigerMr. Tiger I would like to say also that your mother ask from her son in law his opinion on certain things. He frankly answered her questions and encouraged her to get married .This has nothing to do with flirting .It was just a discussion .Avoid suspecting either of them .There is nothing behind .It was just a conversation .You too could encourage you mom to seek a partner with a view to get married. You will have a happy family then .

10. Cowgirl

Cowgirl
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Prime Minister

I am with you AdamAdam and I will add that I don't think he was. I think he was just trying to boost her self esteem because she is single and she have lost a lot of weight. I wouldn't think too much into it.:oops::rolleyes::eek:

Adam likes this.
  11. SoFree

SoFree
    uix_expand uix_collapse