The U.S is a country of 50 states covering a massive swath of North America, with Alaska within the extreme Northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence in the Gulf of Mexico. Major cities include New York, a global finance and culture center, and Washington, DC the capital.
Recently, I have been receiving questions about map of USA showing states, even some people asking where map of USA and Canada are located. I was able to explain to them that the world map is different from USA map. Below, you will find the list of map of USA with states.
6 Facts You Should Know About USA
- 1776 – USA was Born – Continental Congress adopts the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia (July 4). Which will make USA 236 years old.
- The U.S.A acquired Alaska from Russia in the year 1867.
- The U.S.A has no official language
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Dialing code: +1
- Population: 318.9 million (2014)
Below you will also find the list of USA state and capitals.
Have anything to add to this article? Leave your comment below.