If you reading this article, you’re probably searching for scholarships to study abroad, or best universities in U.K to study free.
I remember when I was like you during my school years, masters/PhD scholarships were hard to find. When thinking about finding international scholarships, you may be considering undertaking further study in Britain. In addition, there are a couple of good universities around, you’ll be glad you made it here.
U.K education doesn’t come cheap nowadays, making scholarships and similar funding opportunities highly sought-after. Although, it means that scholarship funding is very competitive, what’s more, it means more scholarships are now being offered as UK universities try to attract the most talented international students.
Below is a list of scholarships to study in the United Kingdom (UK), some funded with the UK government, some by external organizations, and several by individual UK universities.
Government-funded UK scholarships for international students
- British Chevening Scholarships – UK scholarships for international students funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organizations.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries – Scholarships for international students from developing countries in the Commonwealth
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at UK Universities – UK scholarships for international students undertaking taught master’s programs in the UK
Non-governmental UK scholarships for international students
- Euraxess UK – Euraxess is an initiative of the European Commission, providing support for researchers in Europe
- CastleSmart Scholarship – Estate agent CastleSmart offers £6,000 annually for an undergraduate student in the UK (open to all nationalities).
For African Students:
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Programme – UK scholarships for international students from Africa.
- Tullow Group Scholarships Scheme – Scholarships available for students from selected countries in Africa and South America.
- Bristol University International Scholarships – UK scholarships for international students to study at Bristol University on any undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- University of Birmingham International Postgraduate Scholarships – scholarships for master’s students to study at the University of Birmingham.
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships – Bachelor’s and master’s degree UK scholarships for international students to study at Cardiff University in Wales.
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford – Sponsored by Oxford University Press, the Clarendon Fund offers UK scholarships to full- and part-time graduate students at the University of Oxford.
- University of Edinburgh Global Scholarships – Various UK scholarship programs for graduate international students enrolling at Scotland’s University of Edinburgh. Special awards offered to students from developing countries, students Global Health Academy programs, and students from Latin America.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students – Offering full UK scholarships for international students to study in the UK at Cambridge University. For full-time postgraduate students only.
- University of Nottingham International Scholarships – Various scholarships available at all study levels.
- Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students – Merit-based UK scholarships for master’s and PhD students to study at Oxford University.
- Swansea University Undergraduate Scholarships – A selection of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships, available to students from various regions, including the EU, Asia and the Middle East.
- University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships – Offering up to 50 scholarships for international students to study in the UK and to be ambassadors of their home country. Open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- University of Westminster Scholarships for International Students – UK scholarships for master’s students enrolled at the University of Westminster. Awards are offered based on academic merit and financial need.
- There are also scholarships available for international undergraduate students.